“Branding” is a word commonly used today by marketers and entrepreneurs. Yet it seems to be a very misunderstood concept. So, before I keep on going about the importance of creating an identity, I am going to take a moment to talk about branding.
But instead of giving you a definition which you have probably read or heard a million times already, I have listed five aspects of branding that I believe every entrepreneur should understand, and live by.
- Your personal brand is a part of your business marketing strategy. Consumers connect with the product/service provider more often than with the product/service itself ( think of Dana White and Steve Jobs as examples). Keep in mind: however you present yourself to the public is reflecting your business.
- An identity-based brand collects genuine emotional responses. A genuine emotional connection can do wonders for you and your business. Your customers will be happy to tell others about you in a positive way because they trust your work. And there is no better publicity than word-of-mouth.
- Everything you share publicly becomes a part of your brand. Be careful with what you say in interviews, the photos you share on Facebook, or the videos you post on YouTube. Words or actions that perhaps you didn’t mean could lead to the end of your business.
- Being bold does not equal being arrogant. Contrary to what you may have heard, it is OK to talk about yourself. Just try not to be a complete jerk when you do it.
- No brand will be known if it is not promoted. Again, no one will know about what you do if you don’t talk to people. Find the ideal platforms for you to self-promote. Develop a marketing campaign, and network your way to success.
I am sure not everybody will agree with this list, so I invite you to leave a comment below letting me know whether you think this post is right or not. Also, feel free to share other aspects of branding you think every entrepreneur should get a grasp of.
- What Does Self-Promotion Mean for Entrepreneurs? (theblogofjuanortiz.wordpress.com)
- Eight Aspects of Marketing Entrepreneurs Should Not Overlook (theblogofjuanortiz.wordpress.com)
- Five Things You Should Understand About Branding (theblogofjuanortiz.wordpress.com)
- Entrepreneur’s Image vs Identity (theblogofjuanortiz.wordpress.com)
- Why You (as an Entrepreneur) Should Not Treat Web Marketing as Some Do TV Advertising (theblogofjuanortiz.wordpress.com)